October 29, 2020
Recipe: Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Have a few extra moments to get creative in the kitchen? Snag a fresh pumpkin from your local market to use in our Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix. Making your own puree is straightforward and gratifying!
Note: To make slicing in half easier (and less treacherous!), we partially bake pumpkins whole.
- 1 whole pumpkin -- Any edible variety will do! Sugar pie and kabocha are common go-tos.
- Bake pumpkin whole at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes, or until skin starts to soften.
- Slice in half and scoop out the seeds. Return to oven, baking face down on a baking pan for another 25-30 minutes.
- Scoop flesh from skin.
- Pulse in a food processor until smooth, or mash by hand.
- Strain off excess water if puree is watery.