Tastes like a gingerbread cookie… but in muffin form! If you ask us, that combo of ginger, cinnamon and molasses says happy holidays in a single bite. Our official taste testers (founder Kristin’s kiddos!) needed no words. With one taste, their eyes were glistening with delight.
- 1 bag ‘Okina Classic Base Muffin + Bread Mix
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp. milk of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries -- optional
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together molasses, applesauce, cinnamon, ginger and milk. Add entire bag of baking mix, and whisk until combined.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Then, whisk again until very well blended into thick batter. Stir in cranberries, if using.
- Spoon batter into a paper-lined muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full. Bake 25-30 minutes on upper-middle rack until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
To make your own quick icing: Mix ½ cup powdered sugar with 2 teaspoons of milk, adding more milk very gradually, if needed. Drizzle over slightly cooled muffins.
- 1-2 shots espresso
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- In a coffee cup, dissolve spices and molasses in the espresso, and mix well.
- Froth the milk, and spoon over the espresso mixture. Stir slightly and enjoy warm.